What to Look for When Choosing a Home Care Agency
Let’s say you or your loved one has identified the need for home care services. Perhaps you need help with grocery shopping, transportation to doctor appointments, housekeeping, or with personal care such as assistance taking a shower or getting dressed. You know what services you need, but how do you chose the right home care agency? Asking the right questions can help you decide which agency is the best fit for you.
Questions to ask home care service providers:
· Are services guaranteed?
· What happens if my caregiver is ill or unable to work?
· How is my caregiver trained?
· How quickly can I begin services?
· How are my needs communicated to my caregiver?
· What is the agency owner’s or operator’s experience in the private duty home care industry?
· What inspired the owner to get into the home care business?
· Does the agency provide liability insurance and worker’s compensation for their employees?
· Does the agency conduct background checks and drug tests?
· Is the care plan tailored to my needs?